Thursday, July 2, 2009

Reflection

Looking forward in amazement! Looking back, just as amazing.... our friendship with the Lasiters! They have left Southwestern on the next journey of their life. What a blessing we have in Jesus! Without Him, we would have never meet, with Him we will meet again! As we looked through our pictures, we couldn't help but think of some great memories that will last a lifetime... here's to you Lasiters whereever you might be right now!


Driving away was very difficult to watch! Could only imagine what was going through "all" their minds...
I was probably the biggest guy there, and was the first to start crying! As I walked to the up to the house it hit me like a ton of bricks, going to miss my buddy!


"What a great woman to learn from, what a great friend to call on. I will miss Joanna so much because she is the most real person I have met at Seminary. Memories of Joanna will encourage me to be real with everyone around me. Thanks Joanna, until we meet again......" - Robin

We loved being a part of their ministry... they always shared in the blessings of being able to show the love of Jesus! They really were great examples to their street, and to US!

Never thought we'd get Johanna on this ride! Even at the last minute she almost chickened out, maybe she talked herself into it saying, superman ride is so tall, maybe I'll get to see where God is leading from up there!



Wettness! The only thing better than walking around an amusement park dripping, getting chaffed, and thinking about how cold its going to be in the car on the way home with the air conditioner blowing..... is doing it with the people you love!


Our first time to have the kids over, Steve & Johanna were getting away for the night, we made some awesome pizzas! But most of all we were able to really bond with the kiddos!

Katie & Emma.. what can you say two little girls just hit off! They really enjoyed playing with each other, especially watching movies together! Kelsey and Elizabeth, a special relationship for Kelsey, she really looked up to Elizabeth because she was several years older than her, but really played with Kels not treating her like she was a "little girl". Noah & Kelsey got along great too, because they were closer in age, neither were old enough to say uggghh girl/boy. For me (Josh), it was a blessing to see Noah grow, not in the size of his body, but in the size of his heart. I watched a boy who in the beginning was just like the average boy, turn into a blossoming son of Christ. I don't have any sons, but I'm so proud to have known Noah.
In the beginning... was the Mensingers, and the Mensingers meet with the Lasiters, and the families became one. This picture was the first pics with the Lasiters. A special night celebrating 100 years of SWBTS. This is what Southwestern is all about, learning more about Christ, expierencing more of Christ, and growing in Christ with the people you love. We will miss you... our Friends... Steve... Johanna... Elizabeth.... Noah.... & Emma.

1 comment:

  1. Just read this again, my brother, and there are just no words. Joanna and I loved walking back through our journey with this post. I'll never forget the day we first met you both and you said "oh, we live next door to some people from Warren" ... and the rest is history. We love the Mensinger family and miss you guys like crazy. Love and praying for you today...

    ReplyDelete