Monday, April 6, 2009

Okarche, OK D-Now

It all started in Mexico.... you better get excited this story is about to start talking about something better than Tequila and Mexican drug cartels.... I was wondering into the restraunt on the last night of our Mexico Mission Trip in Jan. There was only like 2 seats left out of about 35, they were spread way apart, but I ended up sitting next to Randy Overton, (God sent) anyways we bonded right off the bat. Even though we didn't talk the whole trip God just began to unite our friendship as we shared each others hearts and visions of Christianity.

You know me, I'm always excited to preach the Word... well Randy invited me to speak at his D-Now, for those of you who don't know what that is, well its a 3 day extreme Discipleship Training for youth starting on Friday and ending Sunday morning. Many people including some of you have been praying for this weekend for some time now. There's so many crazy things that have happened up until this point, including the I-pod ( you'll just have to ask me about it if you don't know)

Okarche is a really small town, a community made up of Catholics, Lutherans, and few Baptists unlike most small Texas cities, this Baptist Church is the minority not the majority. But God, just like in the accounts of Noah, looked down upon Okarche and desired to save some... this weekend was all about serving the community in order to show them the true Christ, as we learned and studied about what it really meant to Love the Lord our God with all our heart, soul, and mind... God showed up. It wasn't about 50 kids coming down making professions of faith, it was about kids really searching their souls realizing where they are and where they need to be in their walk with the Lord... Revival is coming to this town, and I'm grateful that God gave me the oppurtunity to be a part of it!

1 comment:

  1. By the way...LOVED the video footage as well as the music you put to it. I'm glad you're keeping a "video journal" of God's moving in your life.

    An ordinary guy from Canton, TX...yes, He can!!

    Love you, bro!

    ReplyDelete