
God really made this trip possible for me to go on. I was walking up the stairs at our church, Birchman Baptist, towards the sanctuary with a professor from our school, and he asked me if I was going to go on the mission trip to Mexico with him and Southwestern. I had told him that I had wanted to go orginally but that I never signed up because I couldn't afford the trip along with the hours of the classes, and the time off from work. Around that point my awesome wife walked up and heard what we were talking about and asked, "well how much is the trip?" And the professor told her that it was $480. Just weeks early I had recieved an unexpected check from First Baptist Springtown in the amount of $450 for helping a brother in Christ with his 3 day evangelism conference. At that moment it was only 10 days before the trip left from Fort Worth to Monclova, Mexico. But God worked all the details out and everything fell into place.

We stayed 7 days and worked in a small city outside of Monclova, Mexico called San Buenaventura. 31 of us went, & I worked with a team of 6 including myself, as we preached, sang, did children's ministries, and went door to door sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ. Many amazing things happened while we were there, and many people came to know the Lord for the very first time. Before I left, I really assumed that the fields would not be as plentiful as Ukraine was, but people were so thirsty for a Savior. The misconception about Catholicism being so great within Mexico was definately not so in Monclova, probably only 1 out of every 10 had Catholic ties and the rest didn't even admit that thier parents were Catholic. They were just unchurched people needing the gospel of Jesus Christ. And to think I almost didn't go because of Money!

Greater things have yet to come, and Greater things are still happening in the city........
GREAT first post...love the Mexico video!!
ReplyDeletelooks like you had a good trip bro! i love ya!
ReplyDelete